You’re going to spend at least eight hours a day, 40 hours a week working. That’s a big chunk of time to be miserable if you hate your job. If you’re considering a new career, medical assisting offers a challenging, exciting, and fun opportunity for adults seeking something more than just a job.
Medical assistants provide many services to hospitals and doctors’ offices, including administrative and marketing work, as well as some basic medical tasks such as taking patients’ vital signs. Medical assisting training in NY can help you get certified and in the job market in just a few months.
Here are a few reasons why medical assisting may be the right occupation for you:
- Geographic choice – Medical assistants are in demand throughout the country, and you can take a certification exam that is recognized across the country. For folks who want to travel or who want to maximize their earnings by moving to a part of the country with higher wages, medical assisting is an excellent career choice.
- Work with a team – Medical assisting is a highly social job. You’ll work with doctors, nurses, administrative staff, patients, and vendors. If working with others energizes you, medical assisting is the job for you.
- Job security – The health care industry is booming, with an aging population and a growing range of services offered by physicians driving increased demand for medical workers. The health care industry is predicted to expand employment opportunities by 2.3 million jobs over the next decade. Experts predict medical assisting jobs will grow 23 percent in this period. The growth in employment means that finding work and higher wages will be easy for health care workers.
- Upward mobility – Getting your medical assisting certification can be the first rung on a very rewarding career field. Medical assistants can seek further training to become office managers and administrators, while others can follow a path into nursing. If you’re tired of being stuck in a dead end job, medical assisting can be your escape plan.
- Personal satisfaction – Very few careers allow people to see the difference that they’ve made in individuals’ lives. Medical assisting does. Medical assistants get to help patients dealing with illness and adverse conditions and see the results of their work as patients recover.
- Quick entry – You need a job now, not four years from now. Medical assisting programs can be completed in just a few months, allowing students to find work and start earning money quickly. For adults seeking to improve their lot in life, a medical assisting certification can be a fast track to success.
Adults seeking medical assisting training need to find a school with qualified instructors and a good reputation. ABC Training Center in New York has those qualities, and it offers convenient access to instruction.
ABC Training Center provides quality career training, including medical assistant programs in NYC. Winner of the Best School in the Bronx designation from the Best of the Bronx Annual Survey in 2015, ABC Training Center is a respected school for adults seeking a fast track to rewarding careers in a variety of industries.