Medical Billing and Coding
The Medical Billing and Coding Course at ABC Training Center
ABC Training Center is happy to announce the addition of a morning Billing and Coding class to our lineup! Beginning on 7/28, the class will take place every Monday through Thursday from 9am to 12 noon, and the total program will take 10 weeks to complete. Register now!
The next WEEKEND Medical Billing and Coding Class begins 8/16. The next WEEKNIGHT Medical Billing and Coding Class begins 8/4. Seats are limited. Book your spot today.
Medical Billing and Coding in NYC: Overview
There are few careers as rewarding and as in-demand as Medical Billing and Coding. Being a part of the healthcare field, a medical biller and coder is an essential part of the healthcare system. The primary responsibility of a Medical Biller is to be the liaison between patients or insurance companies and a medical facility to ensure correct and prompt payment of services. Medical billing and coding is a highly specialized job that translates into great salaries. These professionals work in medical offices or independently all over New York City and beyond. In addition to preparing billing forms and invoices, a medical biller and coder analyzes and interprets complicated claim form codes and formulas. In short, they transform diagnoses and medical procedures into numerical codes needed for billing. The biller then prepares and sends the claims to the insurance companies and is the one who bills the patients for the remaining balance. As a result, these specialists become qualified for some of the most sought-after positions in the industry. And to be ready for this career, it is crucial that you receive your training at a top-notch medical billing and coding school.
Medical Billing and Coding Classes in NY at ABC Training Center
So once you’ve decided to make your entry into the Medical Coding and Billing field, the next question revolves around which school to attend to receive your training. The answer is simple: ABC Training Center in the Bronx, NY. Here’s why:
- Reputation: We are a small, family owned medical career school that has trained thousands of grads in the NYC area since 1972.
- Attention: Because of our size, our classes tend to be smaller than other schools’ which means our students receive extra attention in the classroom.
- Value: Our tuition is much lower than other schools in New York City. Call around and check for yourself. For a lower cost, we will give you superior Medical Billing and Coding training than the big chain schools.
- Job Placement Assistance: Just because you’ve finished your classes and received your certification, doesn’t mean that ABC Training stops working for you. Our staff will assist you in finding a great job that will make the most of your new skills.
As far as medical billing and coding schools in NYC go, none will give you the quality and value that we offer.
So you’re a Medical Biller and Coder in NY. Now what?
Jobs, jobs jobs. Consider that the U.S Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics says this about the Medical Records and Health Information field:
“Employment is expected to grow much faster than the average…Job prospects should be very good” – source: US Dept. of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook 2010 – 2011 Edition.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics goes on to project an 18% increase in the number of Medical Coding and Billing specialists employed by 2016. That job growth is tremendous considering the bleak outlook for many jobs in other industries.
It’s no secret that Medical Billing and Coding Classes at ABC Training Center will set you up for a career that is relatively recession-proof. Think of the possibilities. Hospitals, clinics, private practices, dental offices, pharmacies, optometrists, physical therapy centers, chiropractors – just to name a few – all need medical billers and coders. Additionally, many graduates go on to work independently as well.
Medical Billing and Coding Classes at ABC Training Center. Become job ready!
Medical Billing and Coding Class and Tuition Information
- Total Tuition: $1,600
- Down Payment: $250
- Tuition Balance for WEEKDAY class: $1,350 (10 weekly payments of $135)
- Tuition Balance for WEEKEND class: $1,350 (12 weekly payments of $112.50)
- WEEKDAY class schedule: 10 weeks, Monday – Thursday, 6:00 – 9:00 PM
- WEEKEND class schedule: 12 weeks, Saturday 9 AM – 4PM AND Sunday 2 PM – 6PM
Note: Medical Coding and Billing Courses are also available as individual programs at ABC Training Center. Schedules are the same as for the combined course. Each individual class is $800. Down Payment is $150, Tuition Balance is $650 (five weekly payments of $130).
No High School diploma? No problem! You can still register for ABC courses by taking our entrance exam instead.