A career as a pharmacy technician can be extremely rewarding. This is a rapidly growing field, with an expected growth rate of seven percent between now and 2028, which is well above average. What are the advantages of becoming a pharmacy technician? The job of a pharmacy technician comes with many perks.
- The training for pharmacy technicians does not take very long. Many medical professions require many years of schooling, but you can graduate and be certified as a pharmacy technician in only four weeks at ABC Training Center. Once you’re trained, you’ll find that the salary is typically competitive and the benefits are generous.
- Becoming a pharmacy technician can launch you on the path to a lucrative career as a pharmacist. Some people are content to remain pharmacy technicians, but others see the job as a stepping stone along the way to becoming a pharmacist. Once you’ve gotten a start in a pharmacy career, you’ll find that many other professional avenues are open to you, including sterile and non-sterile compounding, or specializing in nuclear pharmacy, medical equipment, technology, and inventory management. Some people who start as pharmacy technicians even end up in management positions in retail, healthcare, and pharmaceutical companies.
- Once you’ve become certified, you’re set, because pharmacy technician certification is recognized nationwide. The Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) is a nationally recognized agency that administers the national pharmacy technician exam. Obtaining certification from them means you’ll be able to smoothly transition into pharmacy jobs across the country.
- People who work in a pharmacy are in a helping profession. Working as part of a healthcare team, you’ll form bonds with the other team members, interact with people from different walks of life and cultural backgrounds, and help people recover from accidents and illnesses.
- One perk you may not even realize exists is the flexible job opportunities provided by certification as a pharmacy technician. Retail pharmacies and grocery stores employ pharmacy technicians, but pharmacy technicians also work in hospitals and are in high demand at nursing homes and assisted living facilities. There are even remote opportunities available, providing ultimate flexibility. As a pharmacy technician, you’ll have great opportunities to find the career path that suits you best.
If you’re ready to become a pharmacy technician, contact ABC, ABC Training Center can provide the training you need. A healthcare training institute that NYC students trust, ABC Training Center been serving students in the New York City area since 1972. We provide high-quality, nationally certified programs that prepare students for meaningful work in any medical setting. Continue browsing to learn more about our medical training programs in New York, contact us through our website, or call us at 718-618-5589.