By Jay Brill, ABC Training Center
Our second installment of our Job Tips series looks at an effective way to fill out a job application quickly AND accurately, therefore getting a job offer sooner. Here at ABC Training Center, our graduates often report that they are completing interview applications only to find out that someone who has already seen the interviewer has already gotten the job.
How do you try to be the first interviewed? The answer is by completing the employment application accurately and thoroughly before anyone else does. If you are the first one into the office, you have a good chance of getting the job.
Here is how you do it:
- Get some 3×5 blank cards
- At home, write down all of the important information you may be required to provide on a job application.
- Name of the schools you went to and the dates
- Social Security number
- References with names and addresses
- Any certificates or licenses that you hold
- Former addresses, current phone number, etc.
After you are given the employment application to complete, whip out your cards, copy the information, be ready to begin the interview.
Questions? Comments? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.