If you’re in training to become a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), congratulations! You’re about to embark on an exciting career path with great growth potential and plenty of opportunities for advancement. The first hurdle? Passing your CNA test. Don’t worry, you’ve got this! Just take the time to be prepared, and you’ll pass your CNA exam on the first try. Here’s what you need to know to make that happen.
First, understand that the CNA exam has two sections. There’s the written exam, which will be given on a computer, in multiple-choice format. Students are given 90 minutes to complete the written portion of the exam. The second part of the CNA exam is the clinical skills test. This is intended to assess your ability to perform the required duties of a Certified Nursing Assistant. You’ll be evaluated by a Nurse Aide Evaluator, using a list of checkpoints.
It’s important to be well prepared for both sections of the exam, because you must pass both in order to become a CNA. Here are some helpful tips to help you do well on your exam.
- Study as much as you can in your textbook and workbook. Make sure you have the information down, and take as many practice tests as you need to so that you’re confident in your grasp of the material.
- Ask your instructor for extra study material. Your CNA instructor wants you to succeed, so don’t be afraid to ask for the information you need to prepare.
- Go over 25 questions a day so that you can go slowly. Breaking the information into manageable pieces can help you to better digest and absorb it.
- Look for online resources with practice test questions. There are plenty of sample CNA tests online, so take advantage of this and practice as much as possible.
- When taking the multiple-choice exam, read each answer before choosing. Don’t make yourself anxious over the test. If you’ve studied, you’ll be fine, so just take your time and make sure you are thoroughly reading the question before you answer.
If you’re a student at ABC Training Center, you’ve got the opportunity to take advantage of some excellent test prep resources. First, ABC Training Center’s free state board exam test prep workshop is available to our students for skills repetition. Additionally, we offer unlimited test prep free of charge, and free job placement assistance once you’ve passed the exam.
If you’re ready to become a CNA, ABC Training Center can provide the training you need. A healthcare training institute that NYC students trust, ABC Training Center been serving students in the New York City area since 1972. We provide high-quality, nationally certified programs that prepare students for meaningful work in any medical setting. Continue browsing to learn more about our medical training programs in New York, contact us through our website, or call us at 718-618-5589.